Wednesday, 13 November 2013

First Night Shooting

Well, it went...pretty badly. The tripod wouldn't fasten onto the bottom of the camera, meaning that the majority of the camera work was really shaky, thanks to my unsteady hands. Also, because its winter, within a couple of seconds the lighting went so dark it was barely possible to film! Also, my actors feel the need to constantly laugh at every bloody thing! I honestly lost the will to live with those lot. Also, what kind of place doesn't have a light switch for the second half of the rooms lights! Seriously! I mean, what the hell! I spent a good 20 minutes searching for that light switch! I blame Amy for suggesting using the cafeteria...
On the other hand, things weren't all bad. I got some usable footage, and the actors now understand what they have to do fully, in terms of their lines and how I'm actually physically shooting this. They even understand the 180 degree rule! Also, I'm quite lenient with how I shoot and write scripts, so if there's any other ideas or lines that my actors think would be great then they can add them in. I want them to feel natural when acting, not all tense, having to say lines they don't understand. There's actually a good idea that Becca came up with, which was to hug jade when she sees her, as "that's what you do when haven't seen someone in God knows how long". It actually worked pretty well, so I'm happy with any suggestions...although when Callum suggested using a trolley as a prop, I had to prevent myself from smashing myself over the head with the tripod.
So more shooting is going to have to be done tomorrow night, as that's the times that all of my actors can meet. After that, some shooting individually with certain actors may be needed, but oh well.
Could be worse. Could have been killed by a herd of frogs raining from the cafeteria ceiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment